What is Compliance?
Compliance means your Local Unit has met the requirements for its non-profit status.
Here in Hillsborough County all local units are required to have General Liability Insurance with a common effective date of October 1st, to include an Additional Insured endorsement naming the School District of Hillsborough County. The school district requires an annual, signed Facility Agreement form, which can include a Facility Rental form.
Other items for compliance include:
- Memberships paid to Florida PTA monthly, beginning October 1st, with final payment May 1st.
- Reported New or Returning Officers to Florida PTA, each year. (Must be done to receive membership cards)
- 2016/2017 dues payment sent to HCC PTA/PTSA, (October 1st)
- Copy of 2015/2016 Audit Report sent to Florida PTA, ([email protected])
- Filed IRS 990 and confirmation email emailed to Florida PTA, ([email protected])
- Current Bylaws.
BYLAWS MUST BE REVIEWED EVERY YEAR. RENEWED AT A MINIMUM, EVERY THREE (3) YEARS. AFTER REVIEW BY THE BOARD AND APPROVAL OF CHANGES TO THE BYLAWS BY THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP, THE UPDATED BYLAWS MUST BE SENT TO THE FLORIDA PTA STATE OFFICE FOR APPROVAL.
REMEMBER AN AUDIT MUST BE COMPLETED AT THE END OF EACH YEAR AND WHENEVER A TREASURER IS REPLACED.
Your first point of contact with questions or concerns is VP of Areas and Regions, Tina Young at [email protected]