Become a Volunteer!
Say Y.E.S., Volunteer!
*The HCPS Volunteer Application is not applicable for Charter Schools. If you are interested in volunteering at a Charter School, please contact the school directly. Do not complete this Volunteer Application. Thank you.
COURT-ORDERED COMMUNITY SERVICE: Hillsborough County Public Schools does not allow court-ordered community service hours to be served as volunteer time. Individuals who are required to complete court-ordered community service are directed to contact other non-school agencies.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Hillsborough County Public Schools volunteer! HCPS requires all volunteers and community partners to complete the HCPS Volunteer Application or have a current active application on file prior to any volunteer engagement. 30-day notices of renewal are sent to the applicant based on expiration date.
Completing the HCPS Volunteer Application is the first step in the process for volunteering in one of our schools. The volunteer application process includes Volunteer Policy and Procedure Acknowledgement, Information Collection and Background Check Authorization. Applications should be submitted at least two weeks prior to any volunteer activity. Allow longer for Level 2 Fingerprinting.
We are thankful to the many volunteers and community partners that say Y.E.S. (You Empower Students) every day to collaborate with us in preparing our students for life.?
If you have any questions about the application, please contact the district’s Volunteer Services office.
PTA/PTSA is NOT Just About Fundraising!
- Invite your local legislator to visit your school.
- Attend town hall meetings.
- Research bills and ammendments that are being formed in Tallahassee and in Washington D.C.
- Know the Florida PTA platform items
- Distribute legislative information to your PTA/PTSA board and general membership.
- Initiate action when needed such as letter writing, telephone calls, faxing, and visits to your elected policymakers.
- Spearhead a drive to register voters.
- Focus community attention on an issue by providing an interesting and educational program for your members.
- During election years, hold a Meet-the-Candidates night.